Hey everyone, this is Mukul, today, we’ll talk about Guest Posting for SEO.
THE BASICS OF GUEST POSTING
Guest posting is a content marketing and SEO technique where someone writes and publishes a blog post on a third-party website or blog to promote their brand. SEOs use it to get backlinks and backlinks help increase your authority, eventually increasing your traffic.
Here’s how you can get started:
- Identify Your Goals: Before you start guest posting, identify what you want to achieve. Is it to build domain authority, increase traffic, or build relationships? Each goal might require a different approach, so it’s important to be clear about your objectives.
- Find Guest Posting Opportunities: Look for websites that are relevant to your niche. You can use Google search operators, social media, and SEO tools like SEMrush to find these opportunities. Don’t just look for any site, look for those that have an engaged audience and content that aligns with your brand. The key here is finding niche relevant, high traffic websites. They are the ones which will benefit you the most.
- Check the Site’s Requirements: Some sites have specific guidelines for guest posts. Make sure to check these before you start writing. This might include word count, style guidelines, and whether they allow backlinks or not. You should also vet the website’s quality using metrics such as traffic, authority, outbound links, niche, type of posts they have and so on.
PITCHING YOUR GUEST POST
“Once you’ve found a potential site, it’s time to pitch your guest post. Here’s how to do it:
- Personalize Your Email: Address the website owner by name, and mention something you like about their site. This shows that you’ve taken the time to understand their content and audience. Don’t be too cheesy or too pushy either. Don’t become a stalker and get really personal either. The email should be short, crisp, to the point.
- Propose Interesting Topics: Suggest a few topics that you believe their audience will love. Make sure these topics align with the content on their site. If possible, explain why you think these topics will be of interest to their readers. This usually does not work unless you’re a credible person reaching out. The majority of the time, if you’re running an SEO campaign, you will have to pay for the link and that’s probably the easier way out here.
- Show Your Credibility: Link to your best content or mention your credentials to show that you can provide valuable content. This will give the site owner confidence in your ability to deliver quality content. This can be a factor which could potentially get people to agree on a free guest post if you’re credible enough.
WRITING YOUR GUEST POST
Writing a guest post is not much different from writing a post for your own blog. Here’s how to do it:
- Provide High-Quality Content: Make sure your post is well-written, informative, and provides value to the audience. Use examples, include actionable steps, and make sure your content is easy to read and understand.
- Include a Backlink: Most sites will allow you to include a backlink in your author bio. This is your opportunity to drive traffic back to your site. Make sure your backlink is to a relevant page that provides additional value to the reader. If you’re paying it, you’ll probably force the link somewhere in the article and that’s okay for most cases but just try to actually deliver value when you link out to a page on your site.
- Proofread: Make sure your post is free of grammatical errors and typos. Consider using a tool like Grammarly or Hemingway Editor to help with this.
MONETIZING YOUR SITE THROUGH GUEST POSTING
Selling guest posts on your site can be a great way to earn money. I barely accept any guest posts but usually do when big brands approach me and pay a decent sum of money for the same.
Here’s how to do it:
- Find Potential Buyers or be big enough for them to find you: Look for businesses or individuals who might be interested in reaching your audience. You can do this by reaching out to your network or advertising your offer on social media. On the other hand, you can just scale your website to a level where these sites start reaching out to you.
- Set Your Prices: Determine how much you will charge for guest posts. Consider factors like your site’s domain authority and the amount of traffic you receive. Don’t undervalue your offer – remember, a guest post on your site is valuable and would help them even get some traffic and visitors if your website is really good and your post ranks.
- Ensure Quality: Make sure the guest posts you accept are high-quality and relevant to your audience. This will ensure that your audience continues to trust your content.
IS GUEST POSTING WORTH IT?
“Guest posting is a strategy that requires time and effort, which leads many to ask: is it really worth it? Let’s break it down:
- Building Relationships: Guest posting allows you to connect with other bloggers and industry leaders, which can lead to further collaborations and opportunities down the line. These relationships can be invaluable for your brand’s growth and reputation.
- Increasing Visibility and Authority: By guest posting on reputable sites in your industry, you can increase your brand’s visibility and establish yourself as an authority in your field. This can lead to increased trust from potential customers and higher conversion rates.
- Improving SEO: One of the biggest benefits of guest posting is the high-quality backlinks you can gain. These backlinks can significantly improve your site’s SEO, leading to higher search engine rankings and increased organic traffic.
- Expanding Your Audience: Guest posting allows you to reach a wider audience. By providing valuable content on different platforms, you can attract new readers and potential customers.
- Monetization Opportunities: As we discussed earlier, you can also monetize your own site by selling guest post opportunities. This can be a significant source of income, especially if your site has a high domain authority and a large, engaged audience.
So, is guest posting worth it? Absolutely. While it requires effort, the potential benefits of SEO, brand visibility, and relationships make it a worthwhile strategy for any marketer.
Thank you for watching the video! In case if you liked it, please make sure to check out my other videos!